Golden Gate | Versatile ATR Accessory
Versatile accessories to meet your requirements.
- Little or no sample preparation required
- Rugged Type IIIA monolithic diamond ATR element
- Hard, inert, sapphire self-levelling pressure anvil
- High pressure load bridge for excellent quality of spectral data
- Quick-release bridge opens clear of ATR stage
- Wide choice of advanced ATR top plate options
- Built-in pressure control for reproducible results
- Optics: ZnSe and KRS-5 lenses available
- Benchmark™ baseplate compatible
- Various configurations : High-temp, Reaction cell, Low-temp, supercritical unit
- Solid, single reflection diamond provides unparalleled sensitivity
- Wide sample range from single particles and fibre to corrosive liquids
- New USB-controlled High-Temp is now available
Durable crystal ATR top-plate
Specac’s Golden Gate™ ATR is a high performance single reflection monolithic diamond ATR sampling accessory, featuring a Type IIIA diamond ATR element metal-bonded into a tungsten carbide mount and providing outstanding durability and exceptional chemical resistance. ZnSe and KRS-5 lens options are available when ordering the Golden Gate™ ATR; KRS-5 gives a wider range of Mid-IR studies than ZnSe, but with reduced throughput.
NEW High Temperature Golden Gate® ATR
We are pleased to announce that a new and improved version of the High Temperature Golden Gate® ATR accessory is now available to order. It features a brand-new miniature USB temperature controller to save vital laboratory space, controlled through a newly developed PC application.
Temperature controller software
The new controller is operated through software available free of charge. The software plots the temperature of the accessory in real-time against a target temperature. The temperature can be controlled manually within the software or pre-programmed via the sequence editor or via a text file. Data from the experiment can be logged and exported within the software.
- PC Control of accessory temperature
- Graphical display of temperature
- Datalogging temperature to file
- Temperature sequence programming
- Windows 7, 8 & 10 compatible
High Temperature Golden Gate®
The High Temperature Golden Gate® is a monolithic diamond ATR accessory which is capable of analysis at temperatures up to 300 °C. It is suitable for analysis of polymers above their glass transition temperatures and other temperature-ramping experiments.
Golden Gate® ATR Series
Golden Gate ATR Series - Versatile accessories to meet your requirements. Top-plates: Supercritical Fluids ATR, High Temperature ATR, Reaction Cell ATR and Low Temperature ATR available...
Durable crystal ATR top-plate
Specac’s Golden Gate™ ATR is a high performance single reflection monolithic diamond ATR sampling accessory, featuring a Type IIIA diamond ATR element metal-bonded into a tungsten carbide mount and providing outstanding durability and exceptional chemical resistance. ZnSe and KRS-5 lens options are available when ordering the Golden Gate™ ATR; KRS-5 gives a wider range of Mid-IR studies than ZnSe, but with reduced throughput. Scroll to the bottom for customer reviews of the Golden Gate ATR.
Easily adapt your ATR analysis
The demountable nature of the top plate is well suited for the preparation of toxic or harmful materials, as they can be prepared in a glove box, sealed, and then measured with a higher degree of operator protection than other infrared sampling methods. The robust design, strength and inherent inertness of the Golden Gate™ diamond ATR element allows the spectral analysis of abrasive, hard, reactive or corrosive samples
High Temperature ATR
Specac’s High Temperature Golden Gate™ ATR Accessory is a high performance single reflection monolithic diamond ATR product offer for spectroscopic sample analysis of samples up to 300°C. This ATR product extends the capability of the standard Specac Golden Gate™ ATR Accessory and Heated Golden Gate™ ATR Accessory, to provide high-quality spectral data in the high temperature analysis of a broad range of materials including those that are abrasive, hard, reactive, or corrosive. This product is especially well-suited for the spectroscopic analysis of reactions and processes that only occur at temperature.
The High Temperature Golden Gate™ ATR is supplied with a temperature controller with digital readout to 1°C. Low voltage heaters are used, and thermal fuses are fitted as standard for added safety. The controller complies with European CE regulations.
Low Temperature ATR
The Low Temperature Golden Gate™ ATR is a single reflection monolithic diamond ATR accessory for FTIR ATR analysis from -150°C to 80°C. The system uses a thermally insulated copper and stainless steel dewar in conjunction with an integral heater. The high thermal conductivity of the diamond crystal provides rapid temperature stabilisation, accurate temperature measurement, and avoids temperature gradients across the sample.
This ATR product extends the capability of the standard Specac Golden Gate™ ATR Accessory to provide high-quality spectral data in the low temperature analysis of a broad range of materials. This product is especially well-suited for the spectroscopic analysis of reactions and processes that only occur at low temperature.
Super Critical Fluids ATR
The Super Critical Fluids Golden Gate™ ATR extends the capability of the standard Specac Golden Gate™ ATR Accessory to provide high-quality spectral data under super critical conditions, with pressures up to 6000 psi and temperatures up to 300°C.
Infrared spectra of super critical fluids, high pressure gases, and liquids, as well as materials subjected to super critical, high pressure gases, and liquids, can be measured. The spectral measurements can be obtained from the gas phase through to the supercritical region and to liquid like densities.
Reaction Cell ATR
The Reaction Cell Golden Gate™ ATR is a single reflection monolithic diamond ATR accessory for in-compartment FTIR ATR reaction analysis over a broad range of pressure and temperature conditions. This ATR product extends the capability of the standard Specac Golden Gate™ ATR Accessory to provide high-quality spectral reaction analysis at pressures up to 3000 psi and temperatures up to 200°C.
Micro Specular Reflectance ATR
Specac offer a 45° angle Micro Specular Reflection Top Plate version of Golden Gate™ Accessory is for spectroscopic analysis of flat samples greater than 2mm x 2mm, or powders that can be pressed into a self-supporting wafer. A scribed reference grid allows accurate repeat positioning of samples.
For a Golden Gate ATR accessory price, contact us for a free quote.
Golden Gate ATR reviews:
- "I've been using one of these for over 20 years now, producing excellent quality spectra for all types of materials from corrosive, volatile liquids to hard, crystalline solids and everything between. It is a very robust product, very simple-to-use and keep clean. Can be used in both research and QC/factory environments" – Dave Clark of International Paint
- "Very easy-to-use ATR, high quality IR spectra produced, using only a few mg" – Sami Goussous of Cambridge University
- "The Heated Golden Gate ATR Accessory is very useful, stable and lasts long. It is very easy-to-use and does great job" – Iman Khazal of University of York
- "Had two of these for over 10 years. They have been robust, easy-to-use, reliable, accurate and provide rapid results" – Gordon Allison of Aberystwyth University