Automated Coronavirus (COVID-19) Detection Solution
COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) Detection Kits
The spread of COVID-19 has placed a tremendous burden on public and private testing laboratories. For every positive case, thousands of people are screened. This rapid increase in the number of samples that need to be processed, as well as the necessity of short turnaround times, often outstrip the capacity of currently established facilities. This highlights the urgent need to have widespread, reliable detection testing in labs all over the world.
Aurora Biomed has worked relentlessly to develop the capability to supply CE and CFDA certified COVID-19 detection kits. These testing kits have been used as a reliable testing method for COVID-19 in over 40 health institutions in China (including Wuhan), and are currently being used in other countries in Europe, Asia, and Africa. Our COVID-19 testing kit specifications include:
Aurora’s AB MagPure Viral RNA Isolation Kit
- 200 copies per mL detection limit
- 24 tests per kit
- Target genes: ORF1ab and N gene
- Compatible with sputum, alveolar wash, and pharyngeal swab samples
- Positive and negative controls to monitor test accuracy
Automating Viral RNA Extraction and Real-Time RT-PCR Reaction Setup for COVID-19
Aurora Biomed has also announced an automated solution for Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing, streamlining the viral RNA extraction and Real-Time RT-PCR setup for SARS-CoV-2. Aurora’s VERSA® 1100 Gene workstations are compatible with magnetic beads/spin column based viral RNA isolation kits and Real-Time RT-PCR protocols approved by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
This workstation imparts significant benefits in reducing the risk of cross-contamination, reducing errors caused by manual intervention, as well as reducing exposure time of laboratory staff to potentially harmful reagents and pathogens. All of this is accomplished with the added benefit of increasing sample throughput. As our automated solution is an open, modular system, it is compatible with various COVID-19 virus detection methods and kits, including:
- FDA COVID-19 diagnostics panel
- Commercially available COVID-19 screening kits
- Government prescribed virus screening methods
- CE and CFDA certified Real-Time RT-PCR detection kits
- 4 or 8 channel pipetting head with single channel functionality offers flexible liquid handling
- Up to 8 channel ReagentDrop provides reagent dispensing without disposable pipette tips
- Magnetic bead separator for beads based viral RNA extraction workflows
- Shaker-heater (RT to 90 °C ) for efficient RNA isolation
- Reagent cooler block for Real-Time RT-PCR reagents and online mastermix preparation
- UV HEPA filtered enclosure to minimize risk of sample contamination
Serology Assays for Antibody Detection
As clinical diagnostic and surveillance tools, serological assays such as the enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) and the lateral flow immunoassay (LFIA) have been extensively used in the detection and identification of infectious diseases. They achieve this aim through the use of highly specific recombinant antigens, or fusion proteins, to detect serum antibodies, which are used by the immune system to neutralize pathogenic bacteria, viruses or other microorganisms that cause disease. Serological assays have been successfully used in the detection of hepatitis viruses, the ebola virus, HIV and influenza.
Nucleic acid isolation system QuickGene-Mini480
QuickGene-Mini480 is a highthroughput compact system requiring no centrifugation in isolation process, giving less strain to samples and enabling rapid nucleic acid isolation. DNA/RNA can be easily isolated from various samples, for 200µl sample volumes.